Where to Start When Buying a Brand New Garden Room
30th August 2019
Buying a garden room can seem like a tricky and expensive task but we are about to make it far more simple for you with our easy guide. In this post, we have compiled a list of everything you will need to consider before, during and throughout the build discussion to help you to decide exactly what you need and want from your garden room as well as from the company you choose to go with.
First Things to Consider
We all love a list, don’t we? So working through one will most definitely help with your decision making when it comes to thinking about what you need to consider when buying a garden room.
- What you want your garden room for- business, studio, hobby room…
- The best location in your garden
- Check if you need planning permission
- Your budget
- What is available on the market?
- What do you like?
- What would be fitting with your garden design?
Do Your Research
Once you have answered the above questions, now is the time to begin your research. Take your time with this part, there are so many options out there, plenty of designs to lust over, gorgeous interior ideas as well as functional options, such as air conditioning, lighting, insulation and so on.
- Look online to compare package deals
- Read articles and blogs on the topic
- Read reviews from previous customers
- Take a look on Pinterest for inspiration
- Email some companies to get a feel for how they work and how much they can offer you in terms of design expertise etc.
- Go to some showrooms to see the options yourself in the flesh
- See who offers payment plans
- Research what materials are more durable/highly recommended
- Find out what is included in the price and what may cost you extra
Sit Down With an Expert
Once you have most ideas clear in your mind, the next step is to sit down with a garden room company expert and begin to put plans into action. This is what you need to consider and discuss:
- What YOU really want
- The size of your garden and how much space you want to give to a build
- How construction works and time frames
- Plan some design ideas
- Discuss the use and what else may need to be considered
- Do they offer bespoke designs?
- How does the insulation work?
- Can you choose the windows and doors or do they only offer a standard design?
- Can underfloor heating be added?
- Ask about connecting phone lines, WiFi, electricity, heating etc. Will you need to outsource these tasks?
- Find out about protection/insurance/warranty
- Will they project manage the whole build?
- Do you want a self-build?
- If you move home can the garden room go with you?
When the details are finalised, the build is planned in and you are happy with the direction in which everything is going, you can finally sit down and organise the fun parts, those finishing touches, your personal stamp.
- Plan where items will go
- Shop around for the best deals
- Think about home comforts
- Decide on colour schemes
- Will the outside be painted?
- Think about how plants can help to bring the garden inside your garden room to tie it all in
We hope this post has covered all of the usual questions and possibly some that you may not have even previously considered and that you build turns out exactly as you had envisaged. Good luck!